Welcome To Veritas School
"I call a school that fulfills its function perfectly, one which is a true forging-place of men; where the minds of those who learn are illuminated by the light of wisdom, so as to penetrate with ease all that is manifest and all that is secret, where the emotions and the desires are brought into harmony with virtue, and where the heart is filled with and permeated by divine love, so that all who are handed over to Christian schools to be imbued with true wisdom may be taught to live a heavenly life on earth; in a word, where all men are taught all things thoroughly."
John Amos Comenius (1592-1670), The Great Didactic
Veritas School Mission Statement
"The mission of Veritas School is to cultivate wisdom, virtue, and godliness in its students, faculty, staff, families, and communities by providing an excellent Christ-centered and classical education."
At Veritas we offer:
- A K-12 classical, Christ-centered education
- A well-rounded liberal arts curriculum, including arts, languages and music for all students
- Regular public speaking beginning in Kindergarten
- A strong writing program, including classical progymnasmata exercises and a rich literature curriculum featuring full texts of great books, not anthologies
- A solid academic program - our SAT scores are more than 200 points above the national average
- Thorough college preparation - One-hundred percent of our graduates who apply have been accepted to four-year colleges and universities
This web site contains information on the mission, vision and goals of Veritas School, and explains what we mean by “Classical and Christian.”
If you would like an information packet sent to you, please fill out this form, or you may contact the school directly.
• Veritas School's 2012 State Champion Choir
• Veritas Juniors Score on the PSAT!
• Veritas pianist performed with Oregon Symphony
• Chuck Colson on Classical Education and other links
• Veritas High School Choir performing Baba Yetu
• Alumni in the news...
• Those wishing to contribute financially to the school may send tax deductible donations to the school's mailing address, or you can do it online.
• School Video
• Building Project